Please select from the Article Index on the right, we will add further information about hiring the hall to this page.
Please see the sample Hire Agreement. Please include your time for setting up and for cleaning the hall in the time to be booked.
Party hires are not permitted at present. Only classes run by trained instructors are taking place. Those instructors will be responsible for -
- Following the guidance from the relevant national body that regulates their activity, this guidance will determine the number of people that can take part in a class and will specify the social distancing rules.
- Ensuring that there is a clear interval between the end of one class and the start of the next so that people can maintain distance during entry and exit.
- Only class participants should enter the hall.
- Make sure that no one with Covid 19 symptoms, enters the hall. A contactless thermometer is available to check temperatures (just press the button with a thermometer icon on it)
- Ask people to sanitise their hands on entry - available at the table in the lobby
- Disinfect any contact points at the end of each class (there are wipes but you need to bring your own gloves to use the wipes) -
- door handles
- toilet seats and taps
- kitchen if used
The high level windows in the hall can be opened by using the ladder that is kept in the Committee room, the windows in the Committee room and in the Lounge can be opened to create a through draft - please check that they are all shut when you leave! The double doors in the hall can be opened and hooked back so long as the wind is light otherwise the doors will be damaged, please make sure that the knobs are fully turned to lock the doors when they are shut.
There are cleaning mateials in the cupboard, in the corridor leading to the Kitchen.
Bouncy castles are allowed but please make sure that the castle is clean and that no sharp objects are used to secure the castle. The hall floor is vinyl and will be damaged by sharp objects and grit.
Providers of bouncy castles often turn up early and seem surprised to find that the hall is locked! There are often football matches on Sunday mornings - we try to make sure that the car park clears at least 15 mins before any hall hire but please make sure the bouncy castle van does not try to get into the car park at the same time as 30 football cars are trying to leave!
Discos and Sound System
There is a sound system at the hall that has a Bluetooth connection, CD player and microphone. If you bring your own sound system then please point the speakers away from the nearby houses and please check that they are not causing a nuisance to nearby residents.
Dimensions & Construction
The main hall floor area is 15.2m * 9m - see the plan. The floor is vinyl and can be damaged by sharp objects and stones! It is marked out as a badminton court.
There is a minimum 6.1m height over the badminton court, see the elevation
There are 2 infrared ceiling panels which are controlled individually and 2 infra red wall heaters on a single control. In cold weather the heaters will be scheduled to come on before any events that are booked to use the bar area. The heaters are set to maintain a comfortable temperature. If you need to turn the heaters on at other times then press the Boost button on the Control box (see pics below), this will set the heaters into Comfort mode for an hour. If you want to cancel the Boost then press the Boost button twice in quick succession. If you need to turn the heaters off completely then press the On/Off button to turn off the Power light.
These pictures show the locations of the heater contol boxes - each one is labelled